ECFC Executive Leadership Opportunity Statement
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Posted by: Staff
ECFC Executive Leadership Opportunity Statement
Application Deadline: November 8, 2019
Start Date: January 1, 2020 or earlier, if possible for an orderly transition
The Employer’s Council on Flexible Compensation (“ECFC”) is a membership association dedicated to preserving and expanding employer-provided benefits for working Americans, including account-based plans that assist with the costs of health care, childcare and commuting. These benefits provide hardworking Americans with critical support to meet everyday living expenses.
ECFC’s members include employers who sponsor employee benefit plans such as:
• Flexible Spending Arrangements (“FSAs”) (including health and dependent care assistance FSAs)
• Health Reimbursement Arrangements (“HRAs”)
• Health Savings Accounts (“HSAs”)
• Commuter benefits
Our members also include insurance, accounting, consulting, card processors, payment networks, Financial Institutions, benefits administrators and actuarial companies that design or administer employee benefit plans. ECFC member companies assist in the administration of cafeteria plan and health benefits for over 33 million employees.
ECFC is looking for the right individual to serve as its next Executive Director and to propose a staffing model that complements ECFC’s existing contractors and provides administrative support to its engaged membership organization. The Executive Director will work closely with the chairperson of the Board of Directors, committee chairs, outside counsel, technical advisors, and other outside vendors and associations. Primary services include organizational management, financial administration, and operational support to the organization. The right person will further the mission and goals of ECFC in providing both executive leadership and administrative support.
With its engaged membership and strong reputation for advocacy, ECFC is excited to welcome the fresh ideas and insights of its next leader.
- The new leader will identify pathways to revenue growth and membership engagement, and execute a strategy to strengthen existing programs and explore new ones.
- With a thorough understanding of the highly-regulated landscape in which the industry sits, the new executive director will bring leadership and focus on bolstering advocacy and educational opportunities for members, and engage with thought leaders to move the dial on legislative and regulatory priorities.
- With a superb attention to detail or the hiring of an effective associate with the desirable skills, the new leader will manage the day-to-day operational and administrative needs of the organization with enthusiasm and accuracy, to ensure the best possible product is delivered to members and other organizational constituents.
QUALITIES & TRAITS
ECFC seeks leader who has strong financial and organizational discipline and who can lead the organization and its membership to new levels while also respecting its existing foundation and mission. Given the organization’s goals in the coming years, the next executive director will possess the following skills, qualities, and characteristics:
- A leader with business acumen and a solid understanding of non-profit financial management.
- A leader who can identify additional opportunities for membership growth, revenue, and innovation while ensuring the organization maintains its financial stability.
- A leader who is trusted with managing resources well, and who ensures good stewardship of organizational records.
- A leader who communicates effectively and works confidently with industry professionals to ensure proper management of Board and Committee work.
- A leader who will ensure that through effective oversight of their company, all of the details of ECFC, its daily operations and public image, are managed with care and attention.
- A leader who embraces the mission of ECFC and visibly works to promote it inside and outside the organization, to expand its reach and strengthen its reputation.
- A leader who builds relationships with members by seeking input and connection with members and being available and approachable at member events.
The next Executive Director will possess the following:
- A background in and commitment to consumer-driven benefits
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in non-profit or business leadership
- CFC or related FCI designation is preferred
Provide the following to ECFC’s Board Chair, Jody Dietel at Jody.Dietel@WageWorks.com with a copy to Jan Holt, ECFC’s Outside Counsel at email@example.com by the application deadline of October 31, 2019.
- Letter of Interest addressed to the ECFC Board of Directors
- Current resume/CV
- Two examples of writing/materials you have produced related to consumer-directed benefits
- Three professional references that may be contacted confidentially (including email address and telephone numbers)