Continuing Education Units
Continuing Education units can be earned by the following:
1. Completing the appropriate ECFC Self-Study Program
2. Registering for and attending an ECFC Online Webinar
3. Registering for and attending an ECFC Pre-conference Workshop
4. Attending an ECFC Conference. Our Annual Conference takes place in the spring in Washington, DC and our Annual Symposium which takes place in August.
5. Participation in “Shared” ECFC Education materials, for ECFC Study Programs and 2nd Wednesday Teleconference sessions which are also recorded for your convenience. This requires approval via the “ECFC CEU Approval Form” and the appropriate CE Unit fee.
6. Participation in approved educational programs from non-ECFC organizations, such as Thomson Reuters Employee Benefits Institute of America (EBIA), National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU), Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) and International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP). This requires approval via the “ECFC CEU Approval Form” and the appropriate CE Unit fee.
7. Receiving instruction from an accredited CFCI/ACFCI or benefits attorney.
For CAS recertification, ECFC offers at least two Cobra Education Courses a year. You can keep up with your CCE requirements with non-ECFC Cobra Education (This requires approval via the “ECFC CEU Approval Form” and the appropriate CCE Unit Fee.)
You can find your ce units under your professional development tab. Please print out and save your transcript to submit for renewals and/or applying for an exam.
To receive credit for NON-ECFC courses or Shared ECFC materials, please fill out the ECFC Continuing Education Units Approval Request Form to register the course, hours and instructor.
COBRA CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
- To request CE units for attending a non-ECFC course, conference, or webinar to approve for COBRA CE Units, please indicate on the form that you are applying for COBRA CE Units. There is a administrative fee of $20 per CE unit per student.
Please feel free to contact Karen Raudabaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The FCS, CFC, ACFC and CAS are administered by the Flexible Compensation Institute, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of ECFC.