- About Us
- Join ECFC
Flexible Compensation Specialist (FCS)
Become a certified professional on FSAs, HRAs, and HSAs. Designed for benefit professionals just beginning their careers in the flexible compensation field, the Flexible Compensation Specialist designation requires an understanding of the following core competencies in flexible compensation:
1) Flexible spending arrangements (FSA)
2) Claims management and payment cards
3) Consumer-directed healthcare: health reimbursement arrangements (HRA);
4) Consumer-directed healthcare: health savings accounts (HSA)
The FCS designation serves as a stepping stone for new professionals. As one becomes more experienced in the flexible compensation, the next designation level is to become a CFC.
To earn the designation for a Flexible Compensation Specialist, one must:
1. Be employed in the compensation/benefits industry
2. Provide documentation of receiving at least 6 Continuing Education units (see How to Obtain CE Units)
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the FCS core competencies by 60% passing the FCS Exam (75 questions).
4. Pay appropriate exam fees.
If the applicant successfully passes the exam, s/he will be awarded a certificate and may use the FCS designation after her/his name (until the expiration date of said designation). See our use of designation guidelines.
The FCS designation is valid for three years (36 months) from the date that an individual receives her/his certification. In order to continue to hold the FCS designation, an individual must submit the appropriate continuing education documentation (4 CE Units) and pay the recertification fee in order to renew her/his certification in order to maintain the FCS designation.
Study Program Pricing: $295 member $590 non-member
Re-certification Fee: Every three years $75 plus 4 CE units need to renewal your certification
You can purchase the Study Program in the Course Catalog through the MY LEARNING link at the top navigation bar. All Study Programs and Exam are located under your MY LEARNING DASHBOARD.
If you have non-ECFC Courses or "Shared ECFC Materials" that your organization has purchased that you would like to get approved for your renewal or exam: Download ECFC Continuing Education Units Approval Form here.
CREDENTIAL PROGRAMS PROVIDED BY THE FLEXIBLE COMPENSATION INSTITUTE, LLC, A WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY OF ECFC.