- About Us
- Join ECFC
Certified in Flexible Compensation (CFC)
Designed for benefit professionals involved in all aspects of the flexible compensation field, the Certified in Flexible Compensation designation requires an understanding of the following core competencies within flexible compensation:
1) Flexible spending arrangements (FSA)
2) Claims management and payment cards
3) Consumer-directed healthcare: health reimbursement arrangements (HRA);
4) Consumer-directed healthcare: health savings accounts (HSAs)
5) Legal requirements
6) Nondiscrimination Testing
7) Documentation and filing requirements
8) Transit, commuter, and parking plans
The self-paced online CFC Study Program consists of 8 instructor-led recordings, the PowerPoints and a Study Guide. You will earn 12 ECFC Continuing Education Units (CE units) when purchasing the CFC Study Program.
To become certified in Flexible Compensation, one must:
1. Have at least three years of experience in the compensation/benefits industry
2. Provide documentation of receiving at least 12 Continuing Education units
3. Demonstrate expertise in the CFC core competencies by 60% passing the CFC Exam (100 questions).
4. Pay appropriate exam fees.
If the applicant successfully passes the exam, s/he will be awarded a certificate and may use the CFC designation after her/his name (until the expiration date of said designation). See our use of designation guidelines.
The CFC designation is valid for three years (36 months) from the date that an individual receives her/his certification. In order to continue to hold the CFC designation, an individual must submit the appropriate continuing education documentation and pay the re-certification fee in order to renew her/his certification in order to maintain the CFC designation.
Study Program Pricing: $699 member $1,398 non-member
Recertification Fee: Every three years $150 plus 12 CE units need to renewal your certification
If you have non-ECFC Courses or "Shared ECFC Materials" that your organization has purchased that you would like to get approved for your renewal or exam: Download ECFC Continuing Education Units Approval Form here.
CREDENTIAL PROGRAMS PROVIDED BY THE FLEXIBLE COMPENSATION INSTITUTE, LLC, A WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY OF ECFC. www.ecfc.org